Search engine optimization (SEO) is a multi- vectored process. It should be looked at as a campaign that goes on over time- social media, blogging, and your other internet marketing efforts add to the effect. As you add more quality content, other related websites will link to your site, more people will spend time on your website, and your rank in the search engines will naturally improve.
It is a good idea to start out with basic on-site search engine optimization so that when your website goes live on the internet, it’s ready to be indexed. With this in mind, I have listed the current best practices for on-site webs page optimization, which will begin the process of establishing your website’s ranking with the search engines.
Advanced search engine optimization now falls into the realm of internet marketing, because it involves building traffic and links into your site, which will help it to bump up in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) on various search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Here are some Holistic Web Design SEO success stories.
Basic On-site Search Engine Optimization
On each page of your website, we recommend the following:
- Installation of the Google Analytics tool to track your website’s traffic and conversions
- Keyword density/prominence analysis and optimization of your website text
- Proper nesting of heading tags in the html, such as <h1>,<h2>,<h3> providing a sound information architecture
- Use of bold text for chosen web page keywords
- Web page title and description meta-tags analysis and optimization
- Image and link meta-tag optimization
- Addition of cross links (links within your website) in your website text
- Creation of an xml site map and submission to search engines.